Subject: Re: Power Supply...
To: Peter H. Froehlich <pfroehli@ics.uci.edu>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/08/2002 15:44:40
In message <9C433E92-AB16-11D6-A2E0-0003936CFB76@ics.uci.edu>"Peter H. Froehlic
h" writes
>Hi there!
>
>On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 02:14 , Kevin Lahey wrote:
>
>> [I'm still waiting on my $90 power supply replacement from Sun, so it
>> might be awhile before I'm running port-cobalt again...]
>
>In January 2002, when I asked Sun for a power supply, they told me
>that they don't have any left. Robert Thille then pointed me here:

The Sun Store claimed to have 'em in stock, but they also claimed it
might take 16 days to ship it.  Yeesh.  An alternative would
certainly be welcome!

>http://www.alliedelec.com/cart/partlookup.asp?ST=AS&PartNumber=688-5000
>
>I ordered my power supply from these guys for about $50 and it
>works fine (well, last I checked it worked fine, haven't powered
>the Qube up in a while). Maybe some kind person should add this to
>the FAQ?

It looks like they might be out of stock on that.  The website
says something about not back-ordering it, either.  I'd certainly
like to have more little Cobalt details in the FAQ;  the Linux
FAQs are pretty decent, but don't seem to have all of these
important little bits of information.

Thanks!

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net