Subject: Re: /: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
To: Bob Bostwick <bobb@digitechsystems.com>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/08/2002 14:14:19
In message <000601c23f1b$c999c540$440a010a@lnk.digitechsystems.com>,
"Bob Bostwick" writes:
>First thanks for all the help with fdisk, and disklabel.  I managed to
>get it to boot, and all was looking great.  I was still in single user
>mode at this point, so I net-booted once more, and set rc.conf up for
>multiuser.  Once I re-booted I got the message below.  I have tried
>fsck, but it didn't seem to help.  I am still a newbie, so I'm sure it's
>something simple I missed.

What does your partition table look like?  Could you have accidently
set up wd0a as the linux /boot partition?  When the system boots,
it expects wd0a to contain the NetBSD / partition.  As an alternative,
perhaps you got wd0a set up correctly, but the disklabel claims it
is ext2fs instead of ffs?

Good luck,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net

[I'm still waiting on my $90 power supply replacement from Sun, so it
might be awhile before I'm running port-cobalt again...]