Subject: Re: BSD Install from Scratch 2700 Qube 1?
To: None <fishbowl@conservatory.com>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/19/2002 16:12:55
> Is there a step-by-step guide to getting BSD on a Qube1 (2700d/wg)?

No.  I have one too but have been trounced in my attempts so far.
See http://audible.transient.net/cobalt/ for a jpeg of the serial
interface schematic which you'd need to build so you could see what
you were doing while installing a Qube 2700.

> Apparently the only way to do any type of install on these is
> to format the drive in another machine, but as far as I can tell
> there are no installation instructions for doing this.

Well you just follow the instructions (faq/list-archive) and whatnot
on another box, but thats not the hard part, the hard part is actually
seeing what happens when it doesn't work (which it won't).  Maybe if
the lcd driver is far enough along it could be used as a really
limited vector to display some hints.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."