Subject: Re: Is the -current kernel ok?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andre Schulze <as8@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/18/2002 20:44:20
Am Thu den 18 Apr 2002 um 11:12:50AM -0600 schrieb Dax Kelson:

> I have a NetBSD 1.5.2 Cobalt Qube 2.  I need IPv6, NAT, and IPSec.
>
> When I try to compile I get an error about not finding "ca.h".
>
> Should I try the -current kernel?  It is ok?

I compiled me a -current some weeks ago. It did not compile out of the
box. I linked  /sys/lib/libkern/arch/mips to /sys/lib/libkern/arch/mipsel
Am not sure if this is legal but it made the kernel compile.

But the resulting kernel wasn't stable enough for production. Using an
Indigo2 diskless client (IRIX) the kernel crashes always in
miscfs/genfs/genfs_vnops.c as the Indigo boots. This assertion failes:

KASSERT((origoffset & (PAGE_SIZE - 1)) == 0 && origoffset >= 0);

Linux clients which only have their homes mounted on the qube didn't cause
such an deterministic failure, but still the qube crashed some time.

My .05 Euro,

	andre
--
"Die deutsche Sprache muss clean bleiben!"