Subject: Re: bfd command syntax
To: 'port-cobalt@netbsd.org' <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Thille <rthille@gte.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/14/2002 21:11:37
On Friday, June 8, 2001, at 12:47  AM, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:53:15PM -0400, Rouland, Chris (ISSAtlanta)
> wrote:
>> Does anyone have the full command line arguments for the bfd (and any
>> other)
>> firmware commands from the Qube2?
>
> It basically works like Linux command line options.
>
> For which options actually work together, see the /cobalt FAQ.

Well, is there a way to say something like this:

bfd /boot/vmlinux.gz root=/dev/wd0a

Because when I try booting my Qube2 with two drives hooked up, it wants
to put root on /dev/wd1a (the slave device), and I don't have that drive
fully setup for booting yet...

I'm about to resort to swapping slave and master just to finish
configuring the 2nd drive, which I plan to put into another Qube2 when
I'm finished.

Also, has anyone tried physically mounting a 2nd drive into a Qube2.
Looks like a real tight fit, and I'm beginning to think that it might be
easier to just buy a new, big, drive.

Thanks,

Robert