Subject: how to install netbsd on a cube (newbie)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Mattes <list_server2001@yahoo.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/20/2001 08:05:44
Dear all netBSD experts,

I picked up a couple of month ago a cube 2, and would
like and install netBSD. I went through the FAQ, the
netbsd guide and netBSD diskless howto. I have to
confess I'm not a unix guru ad have only installed
netbsd/linux from cd. My impression is that intsalling
by netboot is not easy and I couln't find a step by
step guide.
I'm wondering now , and appreciate your advise, if the
following appoatch is not easier:
I could install netBSD for ppc on a powermac (scsi,
disk), add the new disk from the cobalt and copy all
the files over.

What is your feeling about this approach ?
How do I prepare a empty disk (not formatted yet for
BSD).
Is it correct that the root partition has to be a old
linux partition (I think disklabel 82) ?

I appreciate all yur help

Frank Mattes
Department of Virlogy
Royal Free Hospital