Subject: Re: serial console
To: Matthew Luckie <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/09/2001 02:19:24
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Matthew Luckie wrote:
> What software should I use to communicate over the serial cable to the qube
> from my freebsd box?

cu, kermit, etc.

> I'm quite happy to RTFM, but when i google for "Serial Console FreeBSD" all
> i seem to get is information about installing freebsd from a serial console.

About any terminal program will do. I used the "HyperTerminal" that comes
with Windows 95 (puke) today to talk to a Sun SparcStation 5. It
worked. ;)

If you can tell me a proper place on where to mention this, i'll be happy
to drop a note into htdocs. Maybe we should have a "serial console" page
similar to the netboot page?

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->