Subject: Re: cobalt qube: install without cable
To: Matthew Luckie <kluckie@ihug.co.nz>
From: Ted Unangst <tedu@stanford.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/01/2001 22:57:40
[note: any discussion, keep it on list to help others too.]

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Matthew Luckie wrote:

> I have a freebsd machine that could run NFS to do the installation as you
> outlined.  Can I do the NFS installation from a FreeBSD machine?

Sure.  I actually used OpenBSD as the host.

> I presume I can, but looking at step 4
> cd /nfsroot/dev; MAKEDEV all
> raises a question in my mind.  i am sure the makedev script will not modify
> /dev on the freebsd machine, but it never hurts to be sure.

No problem.  No ill effects here.

I'm glad this seems to be helping people out.  Please let me know if the
directions are accurate.  Unfortunately, I wrote them afterwards, and
there was so much trial and error I'm not sure if I left something out.
If anything breaks, holler.

--
"Bitch set me up."
      - M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC