Subject: frequent siop lockups
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/30/2001 12:31:13
I'm running into fairly frequent machine lockups when using the siop driver
on my Qube2 (1.5.2).  (Outfitted with a Tekram DC-390F (53c875), a nice
UltraWide card that actually fits in a Qube2 without any hacksaw work.)
Its only a matter of time before it occurs when I'm rsyncing (over ssh) a
substantial amount of data (I'm on my 4th attempt at pulling over 15G from
another machine).  The data isn't coming in particularly fast as its over
ssh, but its constant for a long period of time.  I have my kernel compiled
with the SCSIDEBUG and SCSIVERBOSE options, how can I start getting debug
output that might help somebody ascertain where the problem is?

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle