Subject: Re: install w/o cable?
To: <>
From: Ted Unangst <tedu@stanford.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/29/2001 18:18:23
On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Kevin Lahey wrote:

> Err, what he said.  IIRC, the default kernel prompted me (via the serial
> console) to find the NFS location, although I had a fairly funky DHCP/NFS
> setup at the time.  In any case, should you mess up anything at all from
> setting up /etc/rc.conf to making the devices, you'll really, really want
> the ability to chat over that console line...

I've got the base filesystem setup.  And now have managed to get it to the
point where the kernel loads.  (I think.  I can see it go out over the
wire.)  So I think it is in fact waiting for a hint about NFS.

I think the following should work:

-config          netbsd        root on ? type ?
+config          netbsd        root on ? type nfs

no?  Unfortunately, I can't build such a kernel.  Any kind souls willing
to do so and post on web/mail it to me?

Ted

--
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan.  I am in my third term.
Where's Reagan?  Gone after two!  Defeated by George Bush and