Subject: Re: video card?
To: <>
From: Ted Unangst <tedu@stanford.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/11/2001 08:49:23
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:22:45AM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
>
>  > On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 01:34:54PM -0700, Ted Unangst wrote:
>  > > The qube2 has a PCI slot.  If i added a standard video card, would it
>  > > work?
>  >
>  > No, that's not yet supported.
>
> You'd need an x86 emulator in the kernel to run the video BIOS
> to init the card, I suppose...

For console.  But can't X use the card directly?  Anyway, I've realized it
would be of minimal use, since there's no mouse or keyboard.

So, what have people been using the slot for?  A few said NICs, but it
already has two interfaces. Doesn't seem too useful.

Ted

--
"I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an
intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man."