Subject: time drift (was Re: problems installing netbsd 1.5.1 on a raq)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/23/2001 21:49:51
Earlier I remarked,
> It only happens on the raq1 cobalt hardware, but its a very noticable and
> constant drift.

Well, running 1.5X (-current as of Wed night) now on my raq1, I
synchronized my clock at 11:48:04 am, went to work (hey, I'm not a 8-5
kinda guy ya know?), when I got back I checked the time at exactly 9:31:30
pm, and the raq1 said it was 10:51:08 pm.  Which is about 36 seconds of
drift every 5 minutes if my calculations are right (they were hurried, so I
may be off some).  Thats pretty close to 40 seconds every 5 minutes that my
raq1 running 1.5 exhibits.  I think whatever bug it was that was causing the
clock drift in the mips branch may not be the same bug that I'm seeing now.

Now this is only a -current kernel (and as much of the toolset as I needed
to build it), not a complete -current install (yet) but that shouldn't make
a difference anyway right?

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly, she's