Subject: Re: problems installing netbsd 1.5.1 on a raq
To: None <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/22/2001 17:52:06
marius@alchemy.franken.de wrote:

> i recently ran into several problems installing netbsd 1.5.1 on a raq(1),

Heh.  Welcome to my world.  NetBSD is actually pretty stable even on raq1
hardware once you get it on there.  Just don't run fdisk on any cobalt that
has its DMA disabled, and when you need to fsck your ext2fs partitions
don't expect the fsck_ext2fs program in the base dist to work particularly
well.  I'm really currious to know if you're clock on that raq runs fast
like all mine do.  It only happens on the raq1 cobalt hardware, but its a
very noticable and constant drift.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."