Subject: Re: Advice on partitioning
To: Paul Nevin <paul@evilspider.com>
From: None <rthille@gte.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/17/2001 22:53:41
You wrote:

> If you can see my poor attempt at ascii art you will notice that these
> two partitions seem to overlap at 1286523.  I am ignorant in the ways of
> BSD partitioning but I would assume that this WOULD BE BAD.

There's not really any overlap going on there.  Think about it this way:
If you've got a partition which is 1 block in size, at offset 0, it's
safe to put another partition of size X at offset 1.  Adding the offset
and the size gives you the first block _after_ the partition, not the last
block of the partition.

Robert

--
Robert Thille  N-34*26.064' W-119*48.352' Santa Barbara CA 93111-2533
rthille@earthling.net     http://home1.gte.net/rthille/HomePage.htmld