Subject: Re: disk translation issues, "CANNOT READ: BLK 16386"
To: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
From: None <rthille@gte.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/17/2001 22:41:46
You wrote:
> > If I use the standard generic kernel everything works just great (I
> > still get the fsck core dump, I assume thats a bug in fsck_ext2fs
> > maybe though).
>
> I've discovered that the ext2 fsck problem is specific to the
> fsck_ext2fs found in the base dist. The fsck that comes with e2fsprogs
> 1.19 in pkgsrc works just fine. I suppose thats not a huge surprise to
> some, but I thought I'd mention the workaround for those who want give
> their a ext2fs partitions a post-crash manicure.

That's interesting.  I never ran into the crash, but I don't think I used
either the base dist's fsck_ext2fs, nor the one from pkgsrc.  I think I
dug up the source on the net and built it the old fashioned way :-)  That
version seemed to work too.

Robert

--
Robert Thille  N-34*26.064' W-119*48.352' Santa Barbara CA 93111-2533
rthille@earthling.net     http://home1.gte.net/rthille/HomePage.htmld