Subject: Re: RaQ2 install
To: Jack Morgan <jack@tlug.gr.jp>
From: Barnaby Puttick <barns@uk.umis.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/18/2001 10:02:50
On Fri, 18 May 2001, Jack Morgan wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:19:35 +0900
> From: Jack Morgan <jack@tlug.gr.jp>
> To: port-cobalt@netbsd.org
> Subject: RaQ2 install
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to install Netbsd onto a Raq2 and i'm wondering if
> I'll have any problems using the front pannel interface once
> i've install netbsd? Can i disconnect the front pannel altogether?
>
> Thanks,
> JMorgan

There is no driver with NetBSD. Although with the help of Kevin Lahey I
managed to get the screen say something other than Starting up...

I believe he has also managed to make his screen say "Safe to
switch off" or something on halting.

Last time we spoke he was thinking about writing a device driver so it
could be accessed from userland, prehaps he could let us know how he
getting on. :))

I don't know whether it would like the panel being disconnected. All I
know is that when I was building mine, I accidently shorted accross the
board with my hardisk on bootup (careless I know!)  and it bitched on the
pannel test and dropped into cobalt> prompt. Give it a try I cant see it
doing any harm.

---
Barns

  Barnaby Puttick,
  Uni-Mark Internetworking Services

| o Mobile:     +44 (0) 7885 098980 |
| o Pager:      +44 (0) 7659 593227 |
| o E-Pager:    barns@beep.umis.net |
| o Office DDI: +44 (0) 1444 244190 |
| o WebSite:    http://www.umis.net |

 =Avocet House, Victoria Gardens, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9NH=