Subject: Re: Fiddlin' with the LCDs?
To: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@dotrocket.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/07/2001 14:46:07
In message <20010407143213.E15547@audible.transient.net>Jamie Heilman writes
>Kevin Lahey wrote:
>
>> No problem.  I have it coming up and replacing the "Starting Up"
>> string with "NetBSD 1.5" and displaying "Ready to Power Off"
>> when it is halted.  I sent off a set of patches to somebody
>> on the list who was curious, but I'm not quite sure where to go
>> from here.
>
>Hey thats pretty nice, do you have the 'ready to power off' LED on the back
>of the raq2's rigged into that system?  I always thought that was a rather
>nice feature, which I think got left off the later x86 raq machines sadly.

Nope.  I've just got a humble Qube, so I didn't even realize there
was an LED on the Raq.  I think we have a couple at work, so I'll try
to check it out.  It certainly would be cool to have that, too...

I'm not sure if I saw anything in the Linux code to support that -- does
the LED blink on and off when it is time to power off the system?

Kevin
kml@dotrocket.com