Subject: Re: Fiddlin' with the LCDs?
To: Kevin Lahey <kml@dotrocket.com>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/07/2001 14:32:13
Kevin Lahey wrote:

> No problem.  I have it coming up and replacing the "Starting Up"
> string with "NetBSD 1.5" and displaying "Ready to Power Off"
> when it is halted.  I sent off a set of patches to somebody
> on the list who was curious, but I'm not quite sure where to go
> from here.

Hey thats pretty nice, do you have the 'ready to power off' LED on the back
of the raq2's rigged into that system?  I always thought that was a rather
nice feature, which I think got left off the later x86 raq machines sadly.

> that use it!  :-)  I was also considering mimicking the Matrix
> Orbital LCD devices, which are accessed via a serial interface.
> That way, we could get something like lcdproc going.

Sounds interesting, what about the buttons any mods for those yet?
At some point I figure its mandatory that we make a hack whereby
entry of up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-select-enter prints "+30
lives" to the LCD.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."