Subject: extreme newbie questions
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Fayre <jfayre@fayre.dhs.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/17/2001 16:30:47
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot,  I have the following
questions:
1.  What is the syntax for the fdisk command on NetBSD.  I am from the
Linux world.  After I get the netboot up and running and have a root
shell, I cannot run the "man" command to get the fdisk page.  The system
tells me that "man" is not found.  I have mounted /usr, and the base, man,
and text sets are installed on the NFS server.  I need to leave the first
ext2 filesystem alone so I can boot the system.  I want to make the rest
of the drive a BSD filesystem.  Also, the syntax for disklabel would help
as well.
2.  It was mentioned in one of the Howto documents that I should be asked
for my terminal type after loggin in single-user mode.   I was not
asked and my terminal is quite messed up.  Any ideas?

Thanks.