Subject: netbsd port questions
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Fayre <jfayre@cobalt.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/16/2001 10:18:10
Hello,
I am trying to get the netbsd port installed on a Qube2.  I have looked at
the FAQ as well as the archives of this list.  I'm stuck.  My questions
are:

1.  Is it necessary to fdisk the drive prior to putting the netbsd kernel
on the drive?  (I.E. can I just use the filesstem as-is and put the netbsd
kernel in /boot?)

2.  In order to instal the rest of the OS, it looks like I will have to
set up a DHCP and and NFS server on another box.  Is this correct?  If so,
I'm assuming I need to follow the procedure in the diskless howto.

If possible, could someone give me a step-by-step on how to make this
work?

My current situation is:
I put the kernel in /boot and rename it to vmlinux.gz.  When I reboot the
unit, I get the decompressing kernel message on the serial console.  I
don't get any output from the BSD kernel.  After about 2 minutes, I get
some messages from the boot loader stating that it couldn't load the
kernel because of some kind of disk error.

Any ideas would be apreciated.

Thanks,