Subject: Re: Stopping Error with RaQ2
To: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/14/2001 03:07:43
On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 06:03:02PM -0800, Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Ah ha!  I'm not alone!  You see there, thats not the correct geometry for
> that disk, a Fireball EX12.7A should have 24704 cylinders, not 16383.

16383 is right for disks that large (yay, ATA!). It means 'you
need LBA to access the rest' (which shouldn't be a problem for
NetBSD).

> If you take a look in the list archives you'll see I have similar problems
> with one of my Quantum Fireballs too.

That crash when running fdisk looks straight-forward though.

> Stopped at      0x80123cb8:     lw      v0,392(s2)

Unfortunately, we don't have DDB symbols yet on cobalt.

Do you have the kernel running when you got the panic still?
Would be interesting to see in which function it happens.

--
Soren