Subject: Re: Stopping Error with RaQ2
To: Stefan Loeger <s.loeger@eickelschulte.de>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/14/2001 03:01:07
On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 03:31:58PM +0100, Stefan Loeger wrote:
> I have a big Problem with NetBSD1.5 on a cobalt Cache RaQ2. Installation and
> anything else works fine (DMA Mode for the HDD had been disabled, thanks
> again to Soren), but after 20 > 24 hours Uptime the Machine stops and Prompt
> only DB> (the last week the Cobalt runs 4 Days without stopping ;-)).

Well, at a minimum a traceback is necessary to get useful clues.

One thing that strikes me is that this machine as well as that
of someone else who reported instability recently has 256 megs,
which is not something that I have tried.

It may be that the NetBSD/mips pmap doesn't Quite Work Right
with this much (in a NetBSD/mips context).

It's also possible that the system controller's memory setting
need to be tweaked for this configuration. The Linux kernel
writes some magic values to them, but I don't quite understand
how memory is wired on the Cobalt boards, or at least it doesn't
seem to match the Galileo chip's documentation..

Anyway, you might try to reduce the amount of memory to see if it
makes a difference. If it does, that would give a hint to start
debugging from.

--
Soren