Subject: Re: Stopping Error with RaQ2
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/13/2001 18:12:54
Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> 16383 is right for disks that large (yay, ATA!). It means 'you
> need LBA to access the rest' (which shouldn't be a problem for
> NetBSD).

hmmmm, I see

> That crash when running fdisk looks straight-forward though.
>
> > Stopped at      0x80123cb8:     lw      v0,392(s2)
>
> Unfortunately, we don't have DDB symbols yet on cobalt.
>
> Do you have the kernel running when you got the panic still?
> Would be interesting to see in which function it happens.

sorry?  I don't understand what you're asking.  I can panic the kernel at
will still (woo) using fdisk.  If you want me to do some debugging for you
I'd be happy to (hell, its only my secondary nameserver ;-)) but I'll need
some hand holding, I'm new to NetBSD.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing