Subject: Re: Query about cobalt-mipsel status
To: Stephan Somogyi <darwinist@macworld.com>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/09/2001 17:17:39
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 08:13:47AM -0800, Stephan Somogyi wrote:
> I am about to come into possession of a Qube2 and was thoroughly
> pleased to find there exists a NetBSD 1.5 port for it.
>
> I'm curious to find out whether this was a once-off effort to get it
> running, or whether development and maintenance of this port is
> ongoing. (Eg, there have been mentions of improved installation
> options in the list archives, since the current scheme is not exactly
> simple.)

Yes, it's maintained and stable. A proper installer program, however,
has dependencies on things like non-GPL'ed ext2 fs tools which is not
something I am planning to work on anytime soon.

For now, I guess it would be nice to at least have sane installation
documentation, which is just something I haven't gotten around to.

--
Soren