Subject: Re: various outstanding issues (time/consoles/partitions)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/19/2001 03:20:32
> I got the schematic for the serial interface for it (thanks Chris) which
> I'll scan here pretty soon and toss a nice jpeg up (the only other thing
> I saw online was an AutoCad file), maybe we should add it to the general
> site documentation.

http://audible.transient.net/cobalt/

Kinda hacked it up and re-arranged it a little so it wouldn't be so large
on screen.  If I manage to get one built and such I'll draw up the
schematic in postscript along with a pcb layout.  Just gotta find them darn
parts.

As for the geometry problems I was having what it pretty much all comes
down to is that for whatever reason NetBSD incorrectly identifies the
geometry of the Quantum Fireball EL 10.2A thats in this Raq.  The correct
geometry is (C/H/S) 19885/16/63, but what I see in my dmesg is:
wd0: 9787 MB, 16383 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 20044080 sectors

Things seem to still work OK as long as I don't try to run fdisk, which
causes the aforementioned kernel panic.  So uh, I'm not gonna run fdisk,
and I'm gonna hope that I don't stray over any boundries and scribble on my
ext2fs partition by accident.  (which I figure shouldn't happen as the disk is
properly labelled)

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass."