Subject: Re: Qube2700 issues
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/27/2000 01:02:18
> Ugh, I knew this, I think I've read the entire list archive atleast twice
> now.  Oh well, yeah it does work.

Looks like I spoke too soon, it works on the raq 1, not the qube 1.
Ofcourse, I don't know exactly where its wedging...

Comparing chips the Qube 2700 has the same VIA bridge/ide controller chip
as a Raq 1, and the same Galileo System Controller (though they might be
different revs), however the Qube has an older 10Mbit tulip (a 21041-PA
from DEC).  I thought I had accounted for the NIC in the kernel config but
then again I'm new to NetBSD so maybe I screwed something up.

So hrm... would having a serial console defined in my kernel hose things up
if there wasn't one on the board?  The UART doesn't even exist on the Qube
2700 board (though I believe I see where one could've been soldered).
Anyway, I'll let you know when I know more.

-jamie