Subject: Re: Qube2700 issues
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/24/2000 04:03:32
Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> Looks like a problem with ATA timings. Try to boot
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/cobalt/netbsd15-noatadma.gz
> which will almost certainly work.

Ugh, I knew this, I think I've read the entire list archive atleast twice
now.  Oh well, yeah it does work.

> Then check the archives for this list to see how to compile a custom
> kernel with pciide DMA disabled. Then you can start debugging it..

got it, http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2000/06/05/0001.html
(just leaving some more breadcrumbs)

Ok, I've got a new kernel compiling right now.  So while its fresh in my
mind, I've had two unexpected segfaults in the past few weeks, both were
shells (probalby a coincidence one was csh the other sh).  I figure its
probably flakey RAM, but just incase I thought I'd throw it out and see if
anyone else has seen similar behavior.  I couldn't reproduce the segfaults
either.  One happened while I was building qmail, and the other when I was
building gettext.  Anyhow, hopefully new memory will alleviate that.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."