Subject: Re: Qube2700 issues
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Chris Johnson <cjohnson@cobaltnet.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/18/2000 10:31:35
	> Date     : Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:52:41 +0100
	> From     : "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@wheel.dk>
	> Subject  : Re: Qube2700 issues
	>
	> On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 07:55:09PM -0800, Jamie Heilman wrote:
	> > Whats this "scc con" header on the
	> > riser board?
	>
	> Is this one of the models without a 16550-style serial port?
	>
	> If so, the header could either be a Zilog serial interface or
	> for a special, simple output-only serial port.

    We have a daughter board here that plugs into the header
    and brings out a serial line.  I've only seen one of these
    devices, and it follows whoever is working on the latest
    hardware/booter/kernel debugging puzzle on the 2700.

    Is it a pretty simple board, with an SCC and some glue,
    so an intrepid explorer with a breadboard could probably
    build one.  I just asked one of our hardware guys if he
    has a skematic lying around.  Needless to say, it was only
    used for internal debuging, so there is a chance that the
    files are lost to antiquity.  More news later.

    cj*