Subject: NetBSD/cobalt newbie questions
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Paulson <fernando@secret.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/01/2000 01:42:54
I have a RaQ2 that I am interested in loading NetBSD on.

Is NetBSD/cobalt ready for production use?

What is the easiest way to get a kernel onto the drive? Can I mount the
drive under a Linux server and say replace /boot/vmlinux.gz or
/usr/games/.doug with the netbsd kernel? Or should I netboot the server
and use the tools in the nfsroot to download the packages to the built-in
drive?

Is there a How-To for setting up a netboot server on NetBSD or FreeBSD to
have something to netboot the cobalt from?

Has anyone tried to compile and install BIND or Apache or Big Brother on a
NetBSD/cobalt system? Positive or negative experiences?

Do you need to be concerned with setting up a swap partition, or can you
just use a swapfile?

Can any of the old Linux binaries be used, or should I just scrap all the
old junk?

Sorry if these are very newbie questions, but the FAQ is kinda vague, and
I have never gone about installing NetBSD this way before (Last time I
installed NetBSD was NetBSD/i386 1.1 from floppies)

	-F