Subject: Pardon a newbie question...
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Tod Arndt <toda@tzn.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/08/2000 11:14:51
I've got Raq2 I'm attempting to load the NetBSD onto, understanding there
isn't a doc on the procedure yet (to the best of my knowledge), so it's
going slowly.

The question is:  while I understand that there needs to be a Linux boot
kernel (I'm presuming because the MIPs processor looks for one), and that
there's no keyboard, monitor or floppy port to hook to, I need to setup the
IDE harddrive in another box with Linux before transferring the harddrive
back to the Raq2 - how much of the standard Linux install can I get rid of
and still function, or should I leave it alone?

Thanks in advance,
Tod