Subject: Re: Release timetable for NetBSD/cobalt?
To: None <lenb@sasquatch.com>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/09/2000 14:27:46
>> Does anyone have a decent idea of when we'll see a "production" release of
>> NetBSD/cobalt?
>
> FYI, we are running NetBSD-current on a Raq in a production
> environment, it has been up now for about 27 days, running a web
> server.  The only annoyance we have had with it, is that in this
> particular machine the clock drifts wildly, to a point where nntp will
> not work.

Clock drift, it has been puzzled me many times so far with DECstation.
In all the case the cause was found incorrect spl().  The worst error
I made ever is, MIPS_INT_SR_IE was kept turned off until user mode is
resumed.  Clock was getting behind more and more when system load is
high.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology