Subject: booting NetBSD on a RAQ-2 on a local disk
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Frederic GILLIERS <fredg@DotCom.FR>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/27/2000 19:24:37
I carefully read what was written about that in the archives.

According to what I understood, the Raq boots the first parttition of
the disk. This partition is supposed to be an ext2fs. The kernel is
supposed to be in /boot/
Here is what I did :
    -- create a Linux partition on the disk. The disk was empty before
that, and I used Linux fdisk to create an format the partition.
    -- uncompressed the snapshot files in the partition.
    -- used  the installboot script to create the kernel files
    -- Plugged the disk in the Raq and tryed to boot....

The boot failed almost immediately : I just got a piece of garbage as an
output...
I guess I must be missing something... If anyone can help....

Thanks