Subject: Re: Booting a RAQ from its Own Disk
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Len Burns <lenb@sasquatch.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/04/2000 15:56:14
Ok, good news and a new snag.  First, my silliness, I didn't look
closely at the installboot script and did not realize it was reading a
kernel from /.  So, it had grabbed the i386 kernel, not surprisingly,
it was happy.  That resolved, it seems to be coming very close to up,
and then:
pciide0 at pci0 dev 9 function 1: VIA Technologies VT82C586A IDE
Controller (rev. 0x06)

pciide0: bus-master DMA support present

pciide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode

wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <IBM-DTLA-307030>

wd0: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, lba addressing

wd0: 29314 MB, 16383 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 60036480
sectors

wd0: 32-bit data port

wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 5

pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14

wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data
transfers)

pciide0: secondary channel configured to compatibility mode

pciide0: secondary channel ignored (disabled)

VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (USB serial bus, revision
0x02) at pci0 dev 9 function 2 not configured

boot device: wd0

root on wd0a dumps on wd0b

pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt

	type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0