Subject: Re: RaQ 2+ and RaQ 1 NetBooting Failures
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Stephen Harrell <sharrell@cobalt.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/08/2000 09:42:41
On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 04:51:56PM -0700, Stephen Harrell wrote:
> > it gets this far, hangs for a bit then continues...
>
> If it's just for a few seconds, that's normal. It's just probing
> the drives.
>
> > I think its because I unplugged my drive so there was no kernel
> > confusion...
>
> Shouldn't be a problem to leave them in.

This was my confusion, I wasnt sure what kernel was booting at first,
simply because I had the same kernel on the disk as was on the nfsroot
partition

> > nfs_boot: getfh - no pathname
> > no file system for tlp0
> > cannot mount root, error = 79
>
> Looks like an incorrectly configured DHCP server.
>
> What does your configuration look like?
>
> For reference, here's what I use for my Cobalt.
>
> host raq {
>         hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
>         fixed-address 10.1.1.1;
>         option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
>         option root-path "/cobalt/snapshot";
> }

Yeah you were right, I added a few lines to the dhcpd.conf and it worked
beautifully.

-stephen

ps. as a clarification, 2700 Hardware consisted of the first releases(Qube
2700, RaQ 1), 2800 Hardware consisted of the second releases(RaQ 2, Qube 2)