Subject: NetBSD 4.0 RC2 on Cats
To: None <port-cats@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@ormail.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 10/10/2007 20:19:17
I have a Cats running Cyclone 1.2 as the bootloader. I am
pleased to say that NetBSD 4.0 RC2 installed without any problem
on it. It also boots without any problems. (I could not get
NetBSD 3.1 to work: it would install but not boot, I think due
to the size of the kernel being too large for Cyclone 1.2. Well,
this is certainly not the case with 4.0.) Trying to run an
Xserver just locks up the machine and the network interface does
not work but otherwise it all looks great. I also successfully
built my own kernel and so have a slightly slimmer kernel as
well now.

I would like to thank all the NetBSD developers for their work
on NetBSD 4.0. The Cats is not exactly what you would call a
mainstream NetBSD platform, but NetBSD 4.0 works really well on
it. Thanks!

Dave Daniels