Port-cats archive

Re: Adding flag to disable native mode on aceride

Yes, check that parent is PCI.

-- thorpej@iPhone

On Sep 24, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Chris Gilbert <chris%dokein.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

Jason Thorpe wrote:
My goal is to not rely on driver names in MD code.  Yes, I know we
already violate this in many places...  Anyway, my point is that you
don't need to test for "aceride".

So I should check if the parent device is a pci device, then cast the
aux to pci_attach_args? Or is there some secret magic that aux contains
that indicates it's pci?

Just trying to understand what you're looking for, so I can do something
closer to "the right thing" :)

Thanks,
Chris