Port-cats archive

Re: NetBSD 4 on Cats

Dave Daniels wrote:
> I have just tried installing NetBSD 4 RC 1 on my Cats
> from CD using the 4.0 Cats ISO image. I did not get very
> far. My Cats is running Cyclone 1.3 as the boot loader.
> The installation kernel in the root directory is in
> ELF format but Cyclone does not support ELF, only AOUT.
> However, the install kernel netbsd.aout-INSTALL in the
> cats/binary/kernel directory also appears to be ELF
> format rather than AOUT so that one is not usable either.
> Is this an oversight?

Looks like a bug with the makefiles.  They should be aout.  The problem
is that a target is empty, but this doesn't seem to actually cause make
to error, it just keeps going.

I've a fix for it, but I need to get it reviewed etc before checking in
and a pull up requested.

I'll raise a PR to track this.

Thanks,
Chris