Subject: Re: NB3 ALi1543C IDE DMA transfer error
To: None <port-cats@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-cats
Date: 02/13/2006 17:38:15
> I've had problems with ABLE

I have several troubles with ABLE 2.08 freshly downloaded from the WWW
site, and switched back to Cyclone 1.30 which does better job.

The most serious trouble is that keyboard never works during interrupt
driven.  Keyboard polling like single user mode or prior to reboot
prompting can do that.  Note that NetBSD kernel is the same.  FW does
make difference.  My impression is ABLE was not designed for CATS
(Cyclone is apparently NetBSD LIBSA derivative) and ported incompletely
later to it.  I would stick to Cyclone if its limitations an culprits are removed
(ELF loading, unreasonable size limit, very flakey Tulip auto-negotiation,
panic when dual NICs, ...)

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology