Subject: Re: diskless boot
To: None <port-cats@NetBSD.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E5kan=20Th=F6rngren?= <hth@update.uu.se>
List: port-cats
Date: 02/18/2004 13:56:17
I have no idea what the network card is, looks kind of anonymous.
The chip with the largest number of pins says "Winbond W89C940F
806TE274850402".  Winbond seems to be another maker than Realtek,
sigh...=20

I will try at work and see if someone happens to have a card with the
Realtek chip laying around that I can try.

H=E5kan

Robert> What kind of network card =3F

>> I stumbled over a debian installation faq for ARM that mentioned=20
boot> boot de0:
>> Does not work, I tried setting de0: in the boot enviroment variable
>> too, but no. Tried many other variants, le0, eth0 etc..  No go.
>> It likes to say "No such file or directory"

Robert> I think it will only netboot from a network card that uses the =
'ne'
Robert> driver.

Robert> Any cheap 10baseT card using the Realtek RTL8029 should do.