Port-cats archive

Re: new cats box...new experience

In article <20021021223903.4b176f3a.chris%dokein.co.uk@localhost>
chris%dokein.co.uk@localhost wrote:

> 3. You might want to check the jumper settings for the com ports to be
> sure they're configured to what you want. for me lk 9 and lk 11 are
> jumpered to 1-2.  lk 8 and 10 are jumpered to 2-3.  This makes the 2nd
> com port be fcom (2nd from the right as you look at it from the back)

Maybe this should also be mentioned in FAQ though it is noted in
the manual..

> 4. don't use hardware flow control the hardware doesn't have it.

A bit off topic, but then the driver should handle flow control
by software :-)

> Anyway I'm using cu -f -l /dev/tty00 -s 38400 and it's working fine for

1.30 firmware uses 38400bps? (I have not tried serial console
with newer one) IIRC, 0.6 used 9600bps..
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost