Subject: Re: pmap & ISADMA
To: None <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 02/21/2002 22:31:18
Ben Harris wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Matt Thomas wrote:
>> The right way to fix this is to redo the arguments to pmap_bootstrap.
>>
>> It should be passed an array of the following struct:
>>
>> { int memreg_freelist; paddr_t memreg_start; psize_t memreg_size; }

>Wouldn't it be easier to have the caller just register the memory with
>uvm_page_physload() itself, and then have pmap_bootstrap() get back what
>information it needs?  As far as I can see, this is what pmap_bootstrap()
>does internally anyway.

You only have two cases though, either all memory is the same or you
have special areas.

Why not code it up in one place as it is at present rather than
needing a version in each port.

Matt's suggestion works well for the SA1111 as you have several ranges
that all need to map onto the same freelist.

Robert Swindells