Port-cats archive

Re: CATS todclock reorganization (Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch)

On Sunday 10 February 2002 1:09 pm, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In article <20020210122604.7437CB004%cvs.netbsd.org@localhost>
>
> chris%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> > Added Files:
> >     syssrc/sys/arch/arm/footbridge: todclock.c todclockvar.h
> >     syssrc/sys/arch/arm/footbridge/isa: ds1687reg.h dsrtc.c icu.h isa_io.c
> >         isa_io_asm.S isadma_machdep.c isapnp_machdep.c joy_timer.c
> >         sysbeep_isa.c
> >
> > Following the demise of arch/arm32 update cats, and restore
> >the isa files to a more sane location.
>
> It seems todclock.c does not have footbridge-specific functions.
> Anyway, I think we should reorganize todclock attachment on cats port.
> My idea is:
>
> - use todr(9) functions in sys/dev/clock_subr.[ch]
> - split files into:
>  * device dependent todr(9) functions
>   (dev/ic/ds1687.c, like dev/ic/mk48txx.c)
>  * machine (or bus) dependent attachments
>   (arch/cats/isa/dsrtc.c, or arm/footbridge/isa/dsrtc.c)
>  * device independent inittodr(9) and resettodr(9) functions
>   (arch/cats/cats/todclock.c)
>
> Currently hp300, mvme68k and news68k take this approach.
>
> Comments?

Sounds fine to me, I was more interested in making sure we can still build
kernels and the files are in roughly the right place.  certainly todclock and
dsrtc shouldn't really be in footbridge, but they needed to go somewhere
shared and I think netwinder uses them.

Chris