Subject: Re: X server
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-cats
Date: 08/07/2001 08:41:34
On Tuesday 07 August 2001 12:18 am, Robert Swindells wrote:
> Chris Gilbert wrote:
> >On Monday 06 August 2001  9:36 pm, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> >> OK, now we have a Cats-specific list, how about a real Cats-specific
> >> question.
> >>
> >> Has anyone had any luck getting the X server to work on this machine
> >> recently?  ie with 1.5 or later?
> >
> >Nope, last time I tried the binary one it seemed to do nasty things to my
> >interrupts.  I'm been meaning to try the patch against xsrc and see if a
> >source compile is any better, IE it's some incompatibility between 1.4 and
> >1.5.
>
> Mine has an NVidia NV1 based card, so I can't use the binary.
>
> Where can I get the patch that you describe ?

The patch is in:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/patches/

it'll need a bit of tweaking to compile up the NVidia driver, however it's
got the core bits for handling the footbridge in it.

Note that it might not patch that cleanly any more, it really should get
integrated into the xsrc tree, but it needs someone to spend the time sorting
out a way to locate the pci bus for cats and dnard.

Chris