Port-bebox archive

Re: current and boot floppy generation

Hello Jack

On 31-Jan-02, you wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Tobias Seiler wrote:
>> I managed to crosscompile a current INSTALL kernel and userland on
>> i386. But I stumbled at generating the install floppy disks. I was
>> able to generate a disk manually that boots the kernel but then the
>> install ramdisk image is not existent.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions ?
>
> Hi Tobias!
>
> Did you run through the same routine you did last time?
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-bebox/2001/08/30/0000.html
>
> It's great to hear you've made such good progress with current. I feel
> like such a slacker...

Yes I did. But the problem with it is that only the kernel is included
but not the ram image file with the sysinst stuff.

I updated the box to 3.2 ROM and after that it booted my generated disk.
Its a rev5 Mainboard so I cannot use a more recent rom version.

The problem I have now is, that from one moment to the other I don't see
any output anymore of the kernel when it loaded and started ok.

Also the serial console output doesn't work so I can't debug anything. I
have tried almost anything I can think of, but it seems that I'm stuck
now and don't know how to continue.

Tobias