Port-bebox archive

Re: Some changes

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 07:36:18PM +0900, Kazuki Sakamoto wrote:
>  > I'm still stuck on SCSI, though.  I get the first interrupt and nothing
>  > else.  I am currently thinking that there is something wrong with the
>  > siop driver, not with the interrupts, since the 3Com card now works fine.
>
> Do you try I/O map mode with siop?
> memh_valid = 0 in siop_pci_common.c:229.

I just tried this with no success.  It behaved exactly the same, from
what I can see.  I think that the problem is that the siop driver uses
some extension that was added in the 810a.  Manuel Bouyer, the author
of the siop drive, was not aware of the differences.  I pointed him to
the Symbois documentation that is referenced on the bebox/hardware.html
page.

Thank you, Scott, for your information about the (non-)use of the 810a
for on-board SCSI.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost