Port-bebox archive

Be h/w interrupts

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how the Be interrupt controller is supposed to
work?  I've been looking through the information available from the OS
Writer's Cookbook, but I don't see anything to suggest what I might be
doing wrong.

I have enabled the siop driver and have enabled the PCI bus probe
routines so that we should be setting the interrupt line properly,
etc.

However, I get one interrupt when siop resets the scsi bus at
initialization, but I don't get any SCSI interrupts after that.
All other interrupts seem to come in fine.

The siop driver attempts to probe for disks, and gets a command
timeout.  After that, I can press a key (which generates an
interrupt), and see (from debug printf()s in the interrupt handler
;-) that it looks like the SCSI processor thinks that it's
interrupting, but the SCSI interrupt bit is not set in the Be's
interrupt status register.

So, this leads me to believe that I need to acknowledge the interrupt
somehow, but there's nothing about doing that, and I've tried a
couple of different things (writing 0x80200000 to the mask register,
writing 0x00200000 to the mask register, reading from 0xbffffff0).

Any ideas?  Anyone know where I might be able to find the answer?
(I don't currently have access to Usenet)

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost
 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service