Port-bebox archive

Re: Getting started...

Donn Cave wrote:

> instead.  I have a hunch that you might possibly see something
> from earlier in the boot, though, if it's convenient to hook
> up a serial console at 19200.  Do you hear the floppy drive

As far as I know, the firmware does _not_ write anything to
serial4/19200/8n1. When the BeOS kernel starts, you can request
serial debug output to serial4 (the lowest serial port) by pressing
F1.

The serial console of NetBSD/bebox uses serial1 (the upper serial
port) with 9600/8n1 as soon as the kernel starts.

> documentation (I too have only SCSI.)  I'm guessing the
> cheap 10Gb IDE drive at the corner PC shop will do just fine,
> but if anyone knows of problems with modern IDE drives on
> this hardware, don't be shy!

As I wrote in my answer to Allens's e-mail, I tried a new IBM 30GB
disk with my cross-compiled 1.5 boot disk and the machine stopped at
the detection of the wdc driver.

ciao
     Klaus