Subject: Re: Getting started...
To: None <port-bebox@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-bebox
Date: 02/01/2001 20:40:10
Thanks to both Donn and Klaus for their responses.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:54:09PM -0800, Donn Cave wrote:
> The boot floppy (I believe it was inst_vga.fs) works OK for my
> late model 603e machine, so so I believe you need some diagnostics.

Any idea what kind?

> bad luck with those things.  I made mine from BeOS,
> $ dd if=inst_vga.fs of=/dev/disk/floppy/raw obs=18k

I just tried this again (from BeOS).  It makes a floppy.  I shut the
machine down.  Power it off.  Wait some amount of time.  Turn it on.
I get 4 cycles of lights going up and down.  It hits the floppy briefly,
then zooms the Be logo and starts booting BeOS.

> My video is the stock S3.

Mine is an S3 Trio64.  Presumably stock.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service