Subject: Getting started...
To: None <port-bebox@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-bebox
Date: 02/01/2001 01:32:22
OK.  I don't know much about beboxes right now, but I now have
Rob's box, and I'm learning!

Rob loaded me up with SCSI disks (thanks!), but it looks like I
need to get an IDE disk to be able to install onto (unless I want
to try to run "diskless").  However, I'm currently stuck at the
booting-from-floppy part.  I have used a NetBSD/i386 system dd both
generic_vga.fs and inst_vga.fs onto a floppy.  In both cases, the
floppy light does come on right before it boots BeOS from disk.
In at least the inst_vga.fs case, I can browse down to the kernel
within BeOS, so the disk image looks to be OK.

Anyone have any ideas?
Is anyone using SCSI yet, or is that still in the needs-to-get-working
category?

Thanks,
-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service