Port-bebox archive

Re: farewell (with a twist)

> I did receive the system from Rob today, and I'll try to get it set
> up in the next couple of days if I can find the time.  I just figured
> out that I'm out of cat-5 cable (I have plenty of ends, but I've
> cannabalized all of my existing cables that I can).
>
> Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting involved in this port!

I'm a very poor C programmer who nevertheless loves operating systems and
wants to learn more. I played around with downloading the Be/BSD port, but
gave up after not very long because it didn't seem there was any support
for people out there wanting to do stuff, and because I'm crap at C.

If you're doing this project, is there a way that others of us can keep
up? I know this is vague and.. well unlikely :) But if anyone's got any
ideas pease say something.

This will rely on me getting the BeBox back that I was using. This might
not be possible, but if it's not, then it will be because the bebox is now
in the hands of someone who is on the commit team for FreeBSD because he's
porting FreeBSD -> PPC. I'm meeting up with him tonight (he lives in
Melbourne but is in Adelaide for a choral conference) and will try to
bully him into getting involved.

  - C